New Development Annexed into Bozeman

A parcel of land on the west side of Davis Lane, pictured on Dec. 7, 2022 was annexed into the City of Bozeman. Samuel Wilson/Chronicle/Report for America (Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Dec. 7, 2022, www.bozemandailychronicle.com)

The Bozeman Daily Chronicle recently reported that the City has annexed 86 acres of land in northwest Bozeman into the city. The land is located between Davis Lane and south of Catamount Street, a rapidly growing area of town. Developers have requested a residential emphasis mixed-use zoning (REMU) for this development. If approved, this zoning would require that 70% of the land be used for residential buildings, while the remaining 30% be commercial, residential or mixed use. There is another parcel of land to the north of this project that was recently zoned REMU.

Jennifer Madgic, City Commissioner, reports that initially there was major concern when the Billings Clinic came in to the area. There was not enough housing for employees and staff working at the hospital. Brett Megaard with Hyalite Engineers mentioned that nothing in Bozeman is affordable and hopes that this new subdivision will help ease the housing burden and offer attainable housing for Bozeman residents.

To read the entire article or learn more, please visit the Bozeman Daily Chronicle: https://bit.ly/3jBBbwG.

Shelly, N. (2022, December 7). Land annexed into Bozeman for development. Bozeman Daily Chronicle.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram